Commonwealth Shared Scholarship 2019-20 UK are for low developed and low income Commonwealth countries according to choice of course upheld by UK Colleges.
Region Shared Scholarship Scheme is a joint activity between the UK Department for International Development and UK colleges, including the University of Birmingham, to together support scholarships for those Commonwealth nations that do not have the capacity or funds to be considered for study in UK. These are for talented and motivated individuals to enable them to get more skills for sustainable development.
These scholarships are for those students who willing to undergo for Master’s in UK. Not for undergraduate and PhD students
There grants are considered under six courses:
- Science and innovation for development
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Access, inclusion, and opportunity
- Strengthening global peace, security, and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
Scholarship Award and Duration:
Commonwealth shared scholarships are together supported by UK Colleges and CSC. Awards under the Scholarship includes:
- Endorsed airfare will be provided from your nation of origin to the UK and return toward the finish of your honor (the CSC won’t repay the expense of charges for dependents).
- Approved educational cost charges (Financed by CSC).
- Stipend (living allowance) will be given of £1,084 every month, or £1,330 every month for those learning at colleges in the London metropolitan zone (rates cited at 2018-2019 dimensions) which will be paid by the college, financed by CSC.
- Postulation will be given towards the expense of setting up a theory or thesis, where pertinent which is guaranteed to be paid by the college, financed by CSC.
- Studied related travel expenses inside UK or abroad will be provided by the colleges, financed by CSC which is guaranteed.
- Abundance stuff remittance, up to a yearly affirmed limit, while returning home which will be paid by the college, financed by the CSC.
- In the case that you are a solitary parent, tyke stipend of £465 every month for the main youngster, and £114 every month for the second and third kid younger than 16, will be given if you are joined by your kids and they are living with you at a similar location in the UK (rates according to cited at 2018-2019 dimensions).
- Repayment of tuberculosis(TB Test) which is required during visa application(receipts must be provided), will be given by the college, financed by CSC which is guaranteed.
Eligibility and Requirement for CSC:
To meet the criteria of the scholarship and apply you should:
- Be a native of, have been concede displaced person status by a qualified Commonwealth nation, or be a British protected person.
- Not have been considered before for a scholarly award in a high paying nation.
- Be able to begin scholastic examination in UK by the beginning of UK scholarly year in September/October 2019.
- By October 2019, hold a first level of at any rate upper below average (2:1) standard, or an inferior degree and a significant postgraduate capability degree(typically a Master’s certificate). The CSC would not typically finance a second UK Master’s certificate. In the event that you are willing to apply for a second degree UK Master’s qualification, you should give defense regarding why you wish to embrace this examination.
- Be unable to afford the education system in UK without this scholarship.
- Eligible Regions:
Bangladesh, Pakistan, Cameroon, Ghana,Eswatini, The Gambia, Uganda, Guyana, India, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria, Papua New Guinea, Rwanda, Samoa, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, SriLanka, Tanzania, Vanuatu, Zambia.
The deadline for receiving applications is March 14, 2019.
How to Apply:
- Make your application utilizing the CSC online application framework and also select your desired college. The CSC will not consider any application without online application framework
- You can apply for than one course in more than one universities, but you may only select one shared Scholarship.
- You may also get admission for the course before apply to the Shared scholarship, for this visit universities site and check their terms and requirements.
- Check universities list here: