Applications are open for Shaanxi Normal University International Student Scholarship Program for 2019 – 2020 academic year. Scholarships are only available for non-chinese citizens.
Founded in 1944, Shaanxi Normal University is a top comprehensive teacher’s university administered by the Ministry of Education. It has 21 schools and departments, 2 basic courses teaching departments, 65 undergraduate majors, 159 master’s degree specializations, 69 doctoral specializations and 18 post-doctoral mobile research stations. Competitive advantages are in the areas of Chinese Language and Literature, History and Cultural Studies, Business Administration, International Trade, Education and Psychology, Bio-engineering.
April 10, 2019
Scholarships are only for Master’s and PHD student’s.
There are three PhD English taught Programs. Computer Software and Technology, Curriculum and Teaching Theory and Chemistry. Other programs are all Chinese-taught programs.
Scholarship Categories and Criteria:
Nationality and Number of Scholarships:
Scholarships are only available for non-chinese citizens. The Scholarships can only be availed in China.
10 scholarships are available in each category.
To be eligible, the following criteria must be met by the applicants:
- Eligible Countries: Scholarships are available to students from all around the world except for chinese students.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level.
- Entrance Requirements:
- Applicants should have at least a good 2.1 degree (and preferably a Masters degree) or 3+ CGPA from a well reputed institution. Applicants must be a non-Chinese citizen and be in good health.
Hold a Bachelor’s degree under the age of 40 while applying for Master’s programs;
Hold a Master’s Degree under the age of 45 while applying for doctoral programs.
How to Apply:
- Complete online procedure at Shaanxi Normal University Online Application System, https://snnu.17gz.org/. After submitting the online application print its hard copy.
- Submit the application documents by post to International Students Office before the deadline April 10, 2019.
- After final auditing by the China Scholarship Council, the list of eligible students will be announced online during July-August session 2019.
- Conduct interviews, preliminary examination of materials and comprehensive assessment.