In these days of mind games and puzzles, mathematical logic should find an enthusiastic response. As the mathematical logic has some reasoning behind it. It is totally based on mathematical proofs. The logic which first seems to be unbelievable and interesting to people when proved through mathematical facts becomes believable to people. That’s why I decided to make a series on ‘mathematical tricks‘ or ‘mathemagic‘ based upon the power of ‘mathematical logic’.
As I am making a series of posts on ‘mathematical tricks’ In this post I want to share a simple math trick with you. By using this amazing math trick, one can easily guess the total number of siblings of other person. Not only this but one can also find the number of brothers and sisters of other person separately. You can use this trick in a way you like. You just need to follow the steps of this trick and then you can apply it to any preferred scenario which best suits you.
Steps to follow
Here’s what you do: Ask any person to:
- Write down the number of brothers he or she has living.
- Multiply by 2.
- Add 3 to it.
- Multiply this number by 5.
- Add to this the number of living sisters.
- Multiply the total by 10.
- Add the number of dead brothers and dead sisters if any.
- Now look squarely at other person and demand the answer.
- When the other person tells you the answer, subtract 150 from it and you will get the result. The first digit on the left hand side of resulting number tells you the number of his living brothers, the middle digit tells you the number of living sister of that person and the rightmost digit tells you the number of his dead sisters and brothers.
Suppose there is a person named ‘Hamza‘. He has 5 brothers, 4 sisters and 0 dead brothers and sisters. You ask him to write down the steps one by one. Then according to the steps, he will do
Ist step: 5 (living brothers)
2nd step: 5 x 2 = 10
3rd step: 10 + 3 = 13
4th step: 13 x 5 = 65
5th step: 65 + 4 (living sisters) = 69
6th step: 69 x 10 = 690
7th step: 690 + 0 (no dead brother and sister) = 690 (result)
Last step: 690 – 150 = 540 answer
Now the right most digit is 5 which depicts that the person has 5 living brothers, the middle digit 4 means that the person has 4 living sisters and 0 depicts that the person has no any dead brothers and sisters.
You can startle other persons using this trick. Feel free to test it on anyone. Have fun!!