Korean Government Scholarship Program 2019 has announced various scholarships under Master’s/M Phil, PhD Scholarships in almost every major fields/Course in Fall 2019.
First time in Korea, Korean government is also offering Post Doctoral, University Teacher/ Professionals, PhD students Exchange.
Students can apply in all courses that are offered by Korean universities according to their area of Interest. Moreover students applying in Engineering and Sciences such as social sciences, they will have a better chance of selection.
IELTS/ TOEFL is not mandatory in every university in Korea and KGSP. But if you have it then your chances of selection will increase.
For PhD the living allowance will increase for 900,000 to 12,00,000 depending upon the category of the scholarship.
Eligibility Criteria and Requirements:
- An applicant should not hold Korean citizenship.
- Applicant should be in good health both physically and mentally, to live in a foreign country for a long time.
- An applicant should be under 25 years of age at the date of entrance for Undergraduate and should be under 40 for applying in Master’s and under 45 while applying for PhD Programs.
- Have finished or be scheduled to finish formal education of all elementary, middle, high school courses by the date of arrival.
- An applicant should possess a grade point average (G.P.A.) above 80% from the last educational institution attended.
- An applicant should hold degree whether Bachelors or Master before the date of arrival.
- An applicant who has previously any kind of Korean scholarship is not eligible for applying.
- However, a former or current Korean Government Scholarship Program scholar who hold the overall grade of 90% or above can reapply to this program once either through the embassy or university track.
How to Apply:
You can apply in it Korean Government Scholarship Program 2019 by only one of the two ways for Masters/M Phil and PhD.
1) Embassy track
2) University Track
- Embassy Track: You will find the deadlines of applications for KGSP from Embassy of Korea in Pakistan and apply there with documents required. Embassy normally invites students with high CGPAs and IELTS/ TOEFL scores normally and selects few final number of students. There an amount defined amount of students that you can view on official Korean Scholarship website. For any further update keeping visiting the website.
- University Track : You will contact professors in Korean Universities by starting a conversation after finding your relevant Korean Professor through email and see if he is willing to accept you as his student and then tell him that you will apply for Korean Scholarship Program in that university. If professor agrees to accept you in his lab, then remember you will need get an acceptance letter. You need to have professor consent in emails. After that when you will fill application form you will write professor there. University will then nominate you as its candidate after your admission application submitted there and will then send your name to the head quarters. After that selection process will start.
Before 04 April, 2019