The World Bank Scholarships Program offers fully funded scholarship to international students named as Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program (JJWBGSP). It is mainly offered for the students of developing countries and Japanese nationals.
JJWBGSP provides scholarships for over 200 Preferred Programs (.xlsx 49 KB) consisting of various development topics and for 14 Partner Programs (.xlsx 15 KB) at universities in U.S., Africa and Japan. Graduate degrees related to Foreign Service, Diplomacy, Business (including MBAs) and Law (including LLMs), Medicine (including MDs) are not eligible for funding by the JJWBGSP scholarship. You can avail this scholarship in these development areas including economic policy management, tax policy, and infrastructure management.
- SOOCHOW University Jasmine Scholarship in China 2019
- Latest Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) Scholarship 2020
- Latest Wuhan University Belt and Road Scholarship in China 2019
- Fully Funded Scholarship.
- Students pursuing for master’s degree can avail this scholarship.
- Scholarship duration is 2 years.
- Offered in USA, Japan and African Countries.
Candidate must be:
- Be a national of world bank developing country.
- Not hold dual citizenship of any developed country.
- Be in a sound health.
- Hold a Bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree earned at least 3 years prior to the Application Deadline date.
- Have a development-related work experience of 3 years or more after earning a Bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree.
- Not be an Executive Director, his/her alternate, close member, and/or staff of any type of appointment of the World Bank Group.
Following benefits will be provided to the candidates:
- Economy class air travel between your home country and the host university at the start of your study program and immediately following the end of the scholarship period. In addition to the two-way air travel, scholars will receive a US $500 travel allowance for each trip.
- Free Tuition for graduate program.
- Provide cost of basic medical insurance obtained through the university.
- Monthly allowance to cover all living expenses (accommodations, food, etc., including books). Amount varies depending on the host country.
Last date to apply for Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program is April 11, 2019.