Singapore international Graduate Award (SINGA) Scholarship 2020 is offered by the collaboration of Agency for Science, Technology & Research (A*STAR), the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), the National University of Singapore (NUS) and the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD).
This scholarship provides free education to overseas students. It enables students to study in A*START research institutes or any of the three partner universities (NTU, NUS and SUTD). PhD Training will be carried out in English in these labs under the supervision of one of the world renowned researchers and supervisors.
Singapore is the gateway to some of the fastest growing economies where students from all over the world can pursue PhD education and take their research career to the next level.
Research areas fall under two categories in this PhD programme
- Biomedical Sciences
- Physical Science and Engineering
The award provides support for up to 4 years of PhD studies including:
- Monthly stipend of S$2,000. It will be increased to S$2,500 after the passing of the Qualifying Examination
- SINGA Graduate program allocates One-time Travel grant of up to S$1,500*
- SINGA Graduate program offers One-time settling-in allowance of S$1,000*
Note: Estimated cost of living in Singapore is 1,400 to 2,000 Singapore Dollar.
Students who have both Bachelor’s and Master’s level of qualification and want to get enrolled in a PhD program can apply for this INGA graduate scholarship.
GRE / IELTS / TOEFL / SAT I & II / GATE tests are not mandatory. But are optional. However it may be requested by the university to submit satisfactory scores as admission requirement.
- Identification card or Passport
- A recent passport-sized picture (in .jpeg or .png format)
- Transcripts of Bachelor Degree (need to be in English)
- Transcripts of Master Degree or a letter of certification from the university on your candidature if your Master degree certificate / scroll has not yet been conferred.
- 2 recommendation letters (online submission)
- GRE / IELTS / TOEFL / SAT I & II / GATE are optional
June 1, 2019