Jasmine Scholarship is offered by Chinese government to promote the development of education for foreign students in the Jiangsu Province of China. This scholarship is mainly used to provide education to outstanding foreign students and scholars to go to Jiangsu’s colleges and universities to receive full-time academic education.
Many universities in Jiangsu province are offering this scholarship. SOOCHOW University is also offering foreign students to avail this opportunity. Moreover, this scholarship is also available to foreign students studying and exchanged in Jiangsu universities through friendly provincial and state framework agreements.
Details of SOOCHOW University Jasmine Scholarship
Full Jasmine scholarship includes:
- Registration fee, tuition fee, experiment fee, internship fee, basic textbook fee.
- Free on-campus housing, or subsidy of 10,000 yuan / year.
- Basic living expenses subsidy, RMB 1,500/month per person.
- If the scholarship student is enrolled in the school before the 15th (including 15th) of the month, full-month scholarship fee will be paid; But after 15 days, the student will be paid a half-month scholarship fee.
- Comprehensive medical insurance for international students in China.
Part of the scholarship includes:
- Specialist students: 20,000 yuan, funding period: 1 academic year.
- Undergraduate/Graduate: 30,000 yuan, funding period: 1 academic year.
- Advanced students/exchange students: 2000 yuan/month, funding period: 3-12 months (depends on the framework agreement).
Following are the requirement if you want to avail SOOCHOW University Jasmine Scholarship:
- Citizens must be holding foreign nationality.
- Applicant’s academic qualifications and age requirements
- This scholarship is available for students who want to pursue undergraduate, graduate or doctoral degree.
- Those who apply for specialties and undergraduate studies must be graduated from high school and must not exceed 30 years of age.
- Those who apply for graduate studies must have a bachelor’s degree and must not exceed 35 years of age.
- Those who apply for doctoral degree must have a masters degree and must not exceed 40 years of age.
- Students who come to Jiangsu universities for further study and exchanges through the friendly provincial and state framework agreement shall be executed according to the signed agreement.
- Candidates must comply with the laws and regulations of the Chinese government and meet the admission requirements of the applicant school.
- Candidate’s attitude of learning is correct and the results are excellent.
- Candidate should not be receiving various scholarships from the Chinese government and other organizations.
- Passport Copy.
- Notarized highest degree/degree certificate. If the applicant is a student at the school, you must submit a certificate of attendance issued by the school. Non-Chinese and English versions are required to be supported by a notarized Chinese or English translation.
- Transcripts (if any). Non-Chinese and English versions are required to be accompanied by a notarized Chinese or English translation;
- Those who want to pursue master’s and doctoral degrees must submit two letters of recommendation, written and signed by professors or associate professors of graduate schools, written in Chinese or English;
- Other relevant material.
The documents submitted by the applicant will not be returned.
- Login to the website: www.studyinjiangsu.org
- Register Personal Account.
- Fill in the online application form and upload relevant documents as needed.
- Print the application form, sign it and mail it together with other application materials to the “Jasmine Study Center of Jiangsu Government Scholarship Review Committee Office” (Contact Information is given below).
Jasmine Study Abroad Jiangsu Government Scholarship Review Committee Office
Nanjing, Jiangsu, China
Room 1212, 15 West Beijing Road
Zip code: 210024
30th June 2019